Our beliefs follow the Christian beliefs below
The Nicene Creed
We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen. We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father. Through him all things were made. For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary, and was made man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and was buried.
On the third day he rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father. With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets. We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Statement of Faith
We believe in:
- The Triune God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit), Creator of Heaven and Earth.
- Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, as our Lord and Saviour, fully God and fully human, was born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified, dead and buried. He arose from the dead and ascended into Heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father Almighty.
- The divine inspiration of Holy Scripture, illuminated by the Holy Spirit, entirely trustworthy, as our sufficient and supreme authority in faith and conduct.
- The Holy Spirit who baptizes, regenerates, indwells, illuminates, sanctifies and empowers believers to walk in truth, wisdom, and the gifts of the Spirit.
- The universal sinfulness of all people since the fall, bringing separation from God, guilt and condemnation. The sole means for salvation, reconciliation, redemption and justification for all people is through the substitutionary sacrifice of Christ alone by faith in Him alone, by the grace and love of God entirely.
- The Church as the people called by God through Jesus Christ as His disciples, responding in faith and united with the local congregation by their public confession of baptism. The Church is one body of believers, male and female, from every nation, race and class, whose head is Christ. The Church, united by the one Spirit, makes Christ visible in the world and exists as local bodies of believers – the “local churches” – and as a worldwide community of faith.
- The Second Coming of Christ bringing the final judgment and the fulfillment of God’s eternal purposes.
The Apostle’s Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell. The third day He arose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty, whence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.